About Mellow Farm
Mellow Farm is a beautiful working farm in the countryside of the Hampshire/Surrey borders. The campsite is equipped with toilet facilities and showers. The farm also offers several adventure activities including canoeing, archery and abseiling. For more information visit: www.mellowfarmadventure.co.uk
What to bring
Download our handy guide of what to bring (PDF).
SingFest runs from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. You are welcome to arrive from 4pm on Friday afternoon to set up your tent. Activities start Friday night with an informal sing around the fire.
Singing workshops start Saturday morning and run right through the day with plenty of time for refreshment and socialising. Workshops continue Sunday morning culminating in a performance early Sunday afternoon.
Catering and Food
Simple breakfast of hot drinks and toast and fruit are provided as part of your ticket.
We provide BBQ food at reasonable cost for the Saturday evening. We serve a number of vegetarian options as well as quality meat sourced from local butchers. Meals will also include salads and a jacket potato.
Your lovely stewards will also be running a licensed bar selling local real ale and cider, wines and soft drinks, alongside our famous ‘Gin bar’.
On Sunday lunchtime we invite in good quality outside caterers to serve us delicious vegetarian meals.
You will need to bring food for all other meals.
Samba Rhythms Workshop
On Saturday afternoon we invite in musicians to run workshops for all to join in. In 2019 we had a fantastic Samba Reggae workshop to re-energise ourselves after a hard day’s singing on Saturday. Mac the musician brought in a van load of Samba instruments but you can add in your own drum or hand percussion.
If you play an instrument, join in for a jam session on Saturday evening. Please feel free to bring partners, family and friends to the session free of charge. BBQ food is available for purchase and camping is also possible on the Saturday night at reasonable cost.
You will need to bring a yoga mat (or camping mat) for this session which runs Sunday morning.
- Singing – Kids are welcome to join in all singing workshops. Songs will be accessible, taught by ear and in a fun and relaxed way.
- Family Craft – Join local artists for a fun-filled messy craft workshop where kids can bring their parents to make stuff for the carnival parade at the end of the day. Everyone welcome. All materials will be provided!
- Bushcraft workshop – Turn your hand to fire-lighting, leaf printing, pendant making, damper making or spinning at this drop-in workshop suitable for all ages.
- Farm Tour – SingFest is held on a real working farm with lots of rare-breed animals. Join farmer James for a tour of the farm on Sunday lunchtime.
- Mellow Farm Adventure – Mellow farm has loads of exciting things to do including canoeing, archery, an assault course and nature trail! Get in touch with the farm before you come to SingFest for more information and booking: www.mellowfarmadventure.co.uk
NB – SingFest welcomes children and their families. Under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult to all workshops and events.