We hope you find all the information you need for the weekend here, but if you require further information please don't hesitate to contact us
vox @ annatabbush.com, 07989 556164
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Everyone will need to bring:
- Packed lunch for Saturday
- A mug
- A musical instrument if you want to play in the ceilidh or open mic session
- Percussion for the Samba Reggae workshop (some will be provided)
- A yoga mat, blanket and comfortable clothes for the yoga workshop
- Warm clothes
- A ukulele for the ukulele workshop (some will be provided)
Campers, You will need:
- Food for Friday
- Breakfast food (we'll provide tea and toast)
- Bin bags
- £1.00(s) for showers
We Will Provide:
- Tea, Coffee, biscuits and fruit in breaks
- Toast, Tea and Coffee for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning
- Plates and cutlery
Campers, Friday evening or Saturday morning: Drive into the campsite area. A steward in a hi-vis jacket will direct you to our camping areas. We have a quiet area (on the oxbow island), a noisy area (near the campfire) and a family area (near the marquee). Once you have pitched your tent we request that you move your car to the parking area near the entrance to make space for more tents and minimise traffic on site. On Saturday morning breakfast is available 9-10.30am in the Chicken Shed.
Everyone, Saturday morning: You will need to register between 9 and 10am in the Old Barn and have a cup of tea or coffee in the Chicken Shed before the first workshop starts at 10.30am in the Old Barn.
Camper vansSmall caravans/motor homes are allowed on site, but larger motor homes will need to pitch on the field near the farm house due to the awkward nature of the entrance to the main site. Get in touch for more information: vox @ annatabbush.com
Special dietry requirements
If you have any diets they would like us to cater for and for, please get in touch.
About Mellow Farm
Mellow Farm is a beautiful working farm in the countryside of the Hampshire/Surrey borders. The campsite is equipped with toilet facilities and showers. The farm also offers several adventure activities including canoeing, archery and abseiling.
For more information visit: www.mellowfarmadventure.co.uk
BBQ, Bar & Sunday Lunch
We will be providing BBQ food at £8 a head for the Saturday evening serving a number of vegetarian options as well as quality meat sourced from local butchers Kaighin & Daughter. Meals will also include salads and a jacket potato.
Your lovely stewards will also be running a licensed bar selling local real ale and cider, wines and soft drinks.
This year's Sunday Lunch food will be provided by Amrutha Lounge who sell Innovative vegan dishes and heart-warming classics" You can check them out at www.amrutha.co.uk.
NB We will not be cooking food on the BBQ other than the above and we regret that fridges will be reserved for Community Vox use only.
Family craft workshop with Nonny Tabbush
We will be running a family craft workshop, making masks and effigies - for all the family on the Saturday afternoon. Materials will be provided.
NB Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
Samba Reggae Workshop with Mac
Mac's back leading us in a Samba Reggae workshop to re-energise ourselves after a hard day's singing on Saturday. He will bring a van load of Samba instruments but please feel free to bring along any kind of drum or hand percussion.
Ceilidh, Open mic & Concert
If you play an instrument or can call some dances you are welcome to join Nonny Tabbush and Paul Tabbush on stage on Saturday night.
There will also be an open mic session hosted by Marco Frankland. Anyone who wishes to play may sign up to ensure a spot but you can also just turn up and play if there is space.
Please feel free to bring partners, family and friends to the Saturday night ceilidh and open mic session free of charge. BBQ food costs £8 and camping over on the Saturday night will cost them £10, payable by you at registration.
Partners, family and friends are also invited to the concert on the Sunday afternoon (again, free of charge) when we will be opening the bar. Doors for the concert will open at 3.30pm
This year's beginners' Yoga Workshop will be taught by Scaravelli Inspired yoga teacher Nicky Reed. She's bringing some mats so please come along even if you don't have your own. You may wish to bring a bottle of water and a blanket for relaxation at the end of the workshop
- Singing - Kids are welcome to join in all singing workshops. Songs will be accessible, taught by ear and in a fun and relaxed way.
- Family Craft - Join local artist, Nonny Tabbush for a fun-filled messy craft workshop where kids can bring their parents to make stuff for the carnival parade at the end of the day. Everyone welcome. All materials will be provided!
- Bushcraft workshop - Turn your hand to fire-lighting, leaf printing, pendant making, damper making or spinning at this drop-in workshop suitable for all ages run by One Acorn.
- Farm Tour - SingFest is held on a real working farm with lots of rare-breed animals. Join farmer James for a tour of the farm on Sunday lunchtime.
- Mellow Farm Adventure - Mellow farm has loads of exciting things to do including canoeing, archery, an assault course and nature trail! Get in touch with the farm before you come to SingFest for more information and booking: www.mellowfarmadventure.co.uk
NB – SingFest welcomes children and their familes. Under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult to all workshops and events.
PROGRAMME (detailed timings below map)
Friday 30th August
Campers can arrive from 4pm on Friday to pitch tents, take in the stunning countryside and have a bit of a party before SingFest begins in earnest on Saturday!
Saturday 31st August
|9am - 10am||Arrival, Registration and more tent pitching|
|10.30am - 6pm||Workshops|
|8pm - 11pm||BBQ, Ceilidh, Open Mic and Licensed bar|
Sunday 1st September
|8am - 9.20am||Yoga workshop|
|10am - 3pm||Workshops|
|4pm||Performance at Mellow Farm|
|5pm||Estimated home time|
Head south on the A325 past Birdworld and ignore all signs to Dockenfield. Pass the Country Market on your right, then a BP garage on your left, then take the next left into Picketts Hill, just before the traffic lights, signposted Headly Park. Drive past the country club and keep going until you cross over the river, then immediately turn left into smithy lane. Take the next left over a small bridge onto Heath Hill. Look out for a lovely steward in a hi-viz jacket.
Coming from the south up the A325, pass through Bordon to the same junction and turn right.
SingFest 2018: Detailed Programme
(Timings are approximate)
|9.00-10.00||Registration and Breakfast|
|10.30||Anna: Intro and warm-up|
|13.30-17.30||Lantern Making & Bushcraft Workshops|
|17.00||Samba Reggae Workshop|
|12.15||Farm tour (Timing TBC)|
|12.45 – 13.15||Meet the tutors|
|15.00-16.00||Session at barn|
|15.30||Doors open to the public|